Saturday 31 May 2014

Relief Teaching

Finally I have finished my teaching course and I am able to get out into the big wide world of teaching. I have to admit it is not exactly as I thought it would be. Due to a job shortage I have spent the last six months earning my stripes as a relief teacher. It has been tough work but I have learnt so much. In a way I feel as though a year of relief before I am able to have a classroom of my own will do me a lot of good. I have been able to experience different school, different classroom organisation and teaching styles. I have become more confident at walking into a room and assuming control straight away. I am more confident in my behavioural management techniques and more aware of who I am as a teacher.

Its not all bad, I have had some amazing days as a relief teacher, especially teaching music to pre-primary students. But I can not wait for a classroom of my own. I think that I am really going to appreciate that in a way I could not have before if I had not experienced the life of a relief teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment