Thursday 27 October 2016

My Interactive Word Wall

Each colour represents sight words for year 1, 2, or 3. The white words are words that come from the student's writing. I now have students suggesting words for me to include onto the wall, such as; eight, swimming, lesson, autograph, friend and equals. Each word is stuck onto the board using blue-tac so students can come and chose the word they want to spell, take the card to their desk and then return the card to its position when they are finished. This wall is behind my desk, so students must walk past it to show me their work. I will often send them back to their desk to check words that I know are on the wall. Since implementing my word wall in this way I have noticed a decrease in the number of sight words being misspelt in students writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment