Wednesday 5 June 2013

Organizational Ideas

Sticky Note Board -
 
This is an A3 piece of paper pinned up on the board. In the middle I have taped a piece of paper which has been laminated and features a question mark which is made up of smaller question marks. I have students write things on sticky notes and put them on the sticky note board after a lesson. I find it a good way to get student reflections on a lesson or idea. It can also be a good assessment check at the end of a lesson.
 
So far I have used it after introducing the Friday Diary. I had students write on a post it note what they think their parents would write back to them in response to their diary entry. They stuck their sticky notes up on the way out the door at the end of the lesson. Then I collected up the sticky notes and put them into my daily notebook.  Now I have a permanent record of student responses to the Friday Diary.
 
there are so many way to use this sticky note board and sticky notes are so cheap, colourful and versatile.
 


 
 
 
Power Point Print Outs -
 
In my classroom we have a chalk board and a projector. I find power points useful to put up information about what students can do once they finish or to show how I want pages to be ruled up in their workbooks. I also have a welcome slide up on the board in the morning for when the students come into the class. This has the date, the class schedule for the day, workbook that students need to get out ready for the day, and a funny animal picture to kick things off. (great for students who are beginning to use inferring during lessons) - ask what are the animals doing - why is it funny.
 
so that I can keep track of what I have planned on the power point I print out my slides. I find this a great reminder of what is going to be happening during the week or the days ahead.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment